What are Generics?
Generic drugs marketed without brand names contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Generic Uroxatral (alfuzosin) is used to improve urination in men with enlarged prostates. Once-daily Generic Uroxatral is proven to relieve symptoms of men with Hyperplasia. It is one of Sanofi-Aventis Pharmaceuticals best-selling medications for Hyperplasia.
Generic Uroxatral is also marketed Xatral and Alfuzosin.
*Uroxatral® is manufactured by Sanofi-Aventis.
Uroxatral 10mg Pills (Generic)
|Quantity||Our Price||Price per pill|
|Add to cart Our Price: Loading... You save:|
Uroxatral is used to improve urination in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate).
Uroxatral (alfuzosin) belongs to a group of drugs called alpha-adrenergic blockers. Uroxatral relaxes the muscles in the prostate and bladder neck, making it easier to urinate.
How to take
Take Generic Uroxatral exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Generic Uroxatral is usually taken once a day, just after a meal. Try to take this medication at the same time each day. Do not take it on an empty stomach. Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole. Breaking the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Uroxatral: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Uroxatral and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- new or worsening chest pain;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- feeling like you might pass out; or
- penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer.
Less serious Generic Uroxatral side effects may include:
- mild dizziness;
- tired feeling; or
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Generic Uroxatral may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
To prevent dizziness, avoid standing for long periods of time or becoming overheated during exercise and in hot weather.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Generic Uroxatral.
Do not take Generic Uroxatral if you have liver problems or if you are taking antifungal drugs like ketoconazole or itraconazole, or HIV drugs like ritonavir.
Generic Uroxatral can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure, especially when starting treatment. This may lead to fainting, dizziness, and lightheadedness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do any dangerous activity until you know how Generic Uroxatral will affect you. This is especially important if you already have a problem with low blood pressure or take medicines to treat high blood pressure. There may be an increased risk of low blood pressure and fainting when taking Generic Uroxatral in combination with blood pressure medication or nitrates, or erectile dysfunction medication.
If considering cataract surgery (clouding of the eyes), tell your eye surgeon that you are currently taking Generic Uroxatral or have previously been treated with an alpha-blocker.
Before taking Generic Uroxatral, tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver problems.
Many drugs can interact with Generic Uroxatral. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor if you are using:
- atenolol (Tenormin);
- arsenic trioxide (Trisenox);
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- conivaptan (Vaprisol);
- diltiazem (Cardizem CD, Cartia XT, Tiazac);
- droperidol (Inapsine);
- enoxacin (Penetrex);
- Generic Imatinib (Generic Gleevec);
- isoniazid (for treating tuberculosis);
- an antibiotic such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), dalfopristin/quinupristin (Synercid), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin), levofloxacin (Levaquin), moxifloxacin (Avelox), pentamidine (NebuPent, Pentam); or telithromycin (Ketek);
- an antidepressant such as amitriptylline (Elavil, Vanatrip), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), or nefazodone;
- an antifungal medication such as clotrimazole (Mycelex Troche) o voriconazole (Vfend);
- anti-malaria medications such as chloroquine (Arelan) or mefloquine (Lariam);
- a nitrate heart medication, such as nitroglycerin (Nitrostat, Nitrolingual, Nitro-Dur, Nitro-Bid, and others), isosorbide dinitrate (Dilatrate-SR, Isordil, Sorbitrate), or isosorbide mononitrate (Imdur, ISMO, Monoket);
- heart or blood pressure medication such as diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), felodipine (Plendil), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), Generic verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others;
- heart rhythm medicine such as amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), dofetilide (Tikosyn), disopyramide (Norpace), ibutilide (Corvert), procainamide (Pronestyl), propafenone (Rythmol), quinidine (Quin-G), or sotalol (Betapace);
- HIV/AIDS medicine such as Generic Atazanavir (Reyataz), delavirdine (Rescriptor), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), saquinavir (Invirase), or ritonavir (Norvir);
- medicine to prevent or treat nausea and vomiting, such as dolasetron (Anzemet) or ondansetron (Generic Zofran);
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), clozapine (FazaClo, Clozaril), haloperidol (Haldol), pimozide (Orap), thioridazine (Mellaril), or ziprasidone (Geodon);
- migraine headache medicine such as sumatriptan (Imitrex) or zolmitriptan (Zomig); or
- narcotic medication such as methadone (Dolophine, Methadose).
This list is not complete and there are many other drugs that can interact with Generic Uroxatral.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Uroxatral at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.