What are Generics?
Generic drugs marketed without brand names contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Generic Trileptal (oxcarbazepine) is in a group of drugs called anticonvulsants. Generic Trileptal is one of Novartis Pharmaceuticals best-selling drugs mainly prescribed for seizures & countless off-label uses. You can order it here for a fraction of the regular price!
Generic Trileptal is also marketed as Oxcarbazepine.
*Trileptal® is manufactured by Novartis Pharmaceuticals.
Trileptal 300mg Pills (Generic)
|Quantity||Our Price||Price per pill|
|Add to cart Our Price: Loading... You save:|
Generic Trileptal is used to treat partial seizures in adults and children who are at least 2 years old.
Generic Trileptal is an anticonvulsants, or antiepileptic drugs. It works by decreasing nerve impulses that cause seizures.
How to take
Take Generic Trileptal exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Generic Trileptal should be taken twice daily.
Take Generic Trileptal with a full glass of water.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Trileptal: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Generic Trileptal can reduce the sodium in your body to dangerously low levels, which can cause a life-threatening electrolyte imbalance. Contact your doctor right away if you have headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, shallow breathing, and/or increased or more severe seizures.
Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, depression, anxiety, or if you feel agitated, hostile, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect while taking Generic Trileptal such as:
- increased seizures;
- swollen glands, fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, sores in your mouth and throat;
- easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin;
- severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- chest pain, dry cough, wheezing, feeling short of breath;
- upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Less serious Generic Trileptal side effects may include:
- headache, mental slowness, trouble concentrating;
- problems with speech, balance, or walking;
- dizziness, drowsiness, tired feeling;
- mild nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea;
- blurred vision, double vision;
- tremors or shaking; or
- skin rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
You should not take Generic Trileptal if you are allergic to oxcarbazepine.
Before you take Generic Trileptal, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
Generic Trileptal can make birth control pills less effective.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
Generic Trileptal may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Generic Trileptal. Alcohol may also increase the risk of seizures.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Tegretol);
- cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune);
- felodipine (Plendil);
- phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton);
- phenytoin (Dilantin);
- valproic acid (Depakene); or
- verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan).
This list is not complete and there are many other drugs that can interact with Generic Trileptal.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Trileptal at room temperature away from moisture and heat.