What are Generics?
Generic drugs marketed without brand names contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Generic Precose (Acarbose) is an orally administered medication that is made to help treat symptoms of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Generic Precose offers highly effective treatment of diabetes, and is one of the top prescribed medications by doctors.
Generic Precose may also be marketed as:
*Precose® is a registered trademark of Bayer Pharmaceuticals.
Precose 50mg Pills (Generic)
|Quantity||Our Price||Price per pill|
|Add to cart Our Price: Loading... You save:|
Generic Precose (Acarbose) is an oligosaccharide medication that is classified as an oral alpha-glucosidase inhibitor. Generic Precose is an orally administered medication that is made to help treat symptoms of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Generic Precose works by slowing down the body's digestion of carbohydrates in order to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels. Generic Precose is often used as part of a complete diabetes treatment, and is often prescribed in combination with other medications. Consult your doctor before taking this medication for either above mentioned conditions, or alternative uses.
How to take
Take Generic Precose orally with meals. Contact your doctor for the precise instructions that apply to you. Dosage of this medication may change during treatment depending on the severity of your condition and the progression of your illness.
For best results, use Generic Precose as part of a healthy diet and exercise plan.
Inform your doctor and surgeon that you are taking this medication before you go in for any surgical procedure or medical test. Do not stop taking this medication without first speaking to your doctor, as suddenly halting treatment may worsen your condition.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- severe stomach pain, severe constipation;
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin; or
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild stomach pain, gas, bloating;
- mild diarrhea; or
- mild skin rash or itching.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction.
Before taking Generic Precose, consult your doctor if you have a history of any of the following medical conditions:
Cirrhosis, kidney disease, diabetic ketoacidosis, intestinal blockage, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers, or digestioLoading...bsorption disorders.
Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or plan on becoming pregnant before taking this medication.
You may be more likely to have hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) if you are taking Generic Precose with other drugs that raise blood sugar. Drugs that can raise blood sugar include:
- isoniazid (for treating tuberculosis);
- digoxin (Lanoxin);
- niacin (Advicor, Niaspan, Niacor, Simcor, Slo Niacin, and others), nicotine patches or gum;
- diuretics (water pills);
- steroids (prednisone and others);
- phenothiazines (Compazine and others);
- thyroid medicine (Synthroid and others);
- birth control pills and other hormones;
- medicines for colds or asthma
- seizure medications (Dilantin and others);
- diet pills, stimulants, or medicines to treat ADHD; or
- heart or blood pressure medicine such as amlodipine (Norvasc, Caduet, Exforge, Lotrel, Tekamlo, Tribenzor, Twynsta, Amturnide), diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others.
Do not take more than your recommended dosage. Take missed doses as soon as you remember unless it is nearly time for your next treatment.
Keep Generic Precose in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.