What are Generics?
Generic drugs marketed without brand names contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Mexitil (Mexiletine) is an antiarrhythmic used to treat seriously irregular heartbeats. It works by stabilizing the heart rhythm, which helps keep the heart from beating too fast or in an irregular rhythm. Generic Mexitil is one of the safest, and most trusted heart medications.
Generic Mexitil may also be marketed as: Mexiletine.
*Mexitil® is manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Mexitil 50mg Pills (Generic)
|Quantity||Our Price||Price per pill|
|Add to cart Our Price: Loading... You save:|
Generic Mexitil affects the way that your heart beats. Generic Mexitil is used to treat seriously irregular heartbeats. Also, Generic Mexitil is used in the treatment of ventricular tachycardia; diabetic peripheral neuropathy; arrhythmia and belongs to the drug class group I antiarrhythmics.
How to take
Take Generic Mexitil with food or antacids. Take it regularly to receive the most benefit from it. Taking it at the same time each day will help you remember to take it. Continue to use Generic Mexitil even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Generic Mexitil and seek emergency medical attention:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- a new or a worsening irregular heartbeat pattern;
- wheezing, coughing, chest pain, or chest discomfort;
- unusual bruising or bleeding; or
- fever, sore throat, a sore mouth, mouth ulcers, or an infection.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take Generic Mexitil and talk to your doctor if you experience
- dizziness, lightheadedness, or tiredness;
- poor coordination;
- dry mouth;
- upset stomach, heartburn, vomiting, or decreased appetite;
- diarrhea or constipation;
- headache or blurred vision;
- numbness, tingling, or tremor (shaking);
- ringing in your ears;
- a rash; or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Generic Mexitil may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision. If you experience dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision, avoid these activities.
Follow any other special instructions your doctor gives you regarding food, beverages, or activities.
Before taking Generic Mexitil, tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- phenytoin (Dilantin), mephenytoin (Mesantoin), or ethotoin (Peganone);
- rifampin (Rimactane, Rifadin);
- metoclopramide (Reglan);
- cimetidine (Tagamet, Tagamet HB); or
- theophylline (Theo-Dur, Theolair, Elixophyllin, Slo-Phyllin, others).
You may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring if you are taking any of the medicines listed above. Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with Generic Mexitil.
If you miss a dose of Generic Mexitil, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Generic Mexitil below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Mexiletine out of the reach of children and away from pets.