Isosorbide Mononitrate (Generic)
What are Generics?
Generic drugs marketed without brand names contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Isosorbide Mononitrate is used to prevent angina attacks (chest pain). Isosorbide Mononitrate is the active ingredient in the popular medication Imdur, manufactured by Kremers Urban. It offers highly effective treatment of numerous diseases, and is one of the top prescribed medications by doctors!
Isosorbide Mononitrate is also marketed as Imdur, ISMO, and Monoket.
Isosorbide Mononitrate 50mg Pills (Generic)
|Quantity||Our Price||Price per pill|
|Add to cart Our Price: Loading... You save:|
Isosorbide mononitrate belongs to a group of drugs called nitrates. It dilates (widens) blood vessels, making it easier for blood to flow through them and easier for the heart to pump. Isosorbide mononitrate is used to prevent angina attacks (chest pain). Isosorbide mononitrate will not treat an angina attack that has already begun.
How to take
Take Isosorbide Mononitrate exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
If possible, try to rest or stay seated when you use this medication. Isosorbide Mononitrate can cause dizziness or fainting.
Take this medication with at least 4 ounces of water or other liquid. Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow the pill whole. Breaking the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Isosorbide Mononitrate: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast, slow, pounding, or uneven heart rate;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- trouble breathing, blue-colored skin, tired feeling; or
- worsening angina pain.
Less serious Isosorbide Mononitrate side effects may include:
- headache, mild dizziness;
- warmth, redness, or tingling under your skin;
- nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea;
- pain or stiffness in joints or muscles;
- hot flashes; or
- dry mouth.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Do not use Isosorbide mononitrate if you are taking sildenafil (Viagra, Revatio). Serious, life-threatening side effects can occur if you take this medicine while you are using sildenafil. You should not use this medication if you are allergic to Isosorbide mononitrate, isosorbide dinitrate, (Isordil, Dilatrate, Isochron), or nitroglycerin, or if you have early signs of a heart attack (chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling).
Before taking Isosorbide mononitrate, tell your doctor if you have congestive heart failure, low blood pressure, or kidney disease.
Isosorbide mononitrate can cause severe headaches, especially when you first start using it.
Isosorbide Mononitrate may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Isosorbide Mononitrate.
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- blood pressure medication;
- dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal) or ergotamine (Ergomar, Cafergot, and others);
- an erectile dysfunction medication such as tadalafil (Cialis) or vardenafil (Levitra);
- a beta blocker such as atenolol (Tenormin, Tenoretic), carvedilol (Coreg), labetalol (Normodyne, Trandate), metoprolol (Dutoprol, Lopressor, Toprol), nadolol (Corgard), propranolol (Inderal, InnoPran), sotalol (Betapace), and others;
- heart or blood pressure medicine such as amlodipine (Norvasc, Caduet, Generic Exforge, Generic Lotrel, Tekamlo, Tribenzor, Twynsta, Amturnide), diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), Generic verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Isosorbide Mononitrate.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store this medicine at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.