What are Generics?
Generic drugs marketed without brand names contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Generic Capoten (Captopril) is an ACE inhibitor that is made to treat several problems associated with heart complications and organ malfunctions caused by diabetes. Generic Capoten is one of the most prescribed medications for congestive heart failure and hypertension, and now you can order it for a fraction of its regular price!
Generic Capoten may also be marketed as: Capoten, and Captopril.
*Capoten® is manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Capoten 25mg Pills (Generic)
|Quantity||Our Price||Price per pill|
|Add to cart Our Price: Loading... You save:|
Generic Capoten (captopril) is a drug classified as an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. Generic Capoten is used to treat congestive heart failure, kidney problems caused by diabetes, and hypertension (high blood pressure). Generic Capoten (captopril) is also used to help patients recover after a heart attack.
Generic Capoten is an ACE inhibitor that is primarily used to treat congestive heart failure, kidney problems caused by diabetes, and hypertension. Generic Capoten (captopril) is also used to help patients recover after a heart attack.
How to take
Take Generic Capoten exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Generic Capoten is usually taken 1 hour before meals. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect while taking Generic Capoten such as:
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- urinating more or less than usual, or not at all;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating;
- easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin;
- fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
- chest pain; or
- swelling, rapid weight gain.
Less serious Generic Capoten side effects may include:
- loss of taste sensation, loss of appetite;
- dizziness, drowsiness, headache;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- dry mouth, sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- nausea, diarrhea, constipation; or
- mild skin itching or rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction.
Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of Generic Capoten. Do not use salt substitutes or potassium supplements while taking captopril, unless your doctor has told you to.
Before taking this medication, consult your doctor if you have a history of any of the following medical conditions:
diabetes, kidney disease, liver problems, heart disease, congestive heart failure, Marfan syndrome, Sjogren's syndrome, lupus, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis or any other issues associated with the connective tissue.
Do not take this medication if you are pregnant. Immediately stop taking this medication and consult a doctor if become pregnant during use. Women taking this medication are strongly advised to take effective birth control while on this medication. Do not breast feed while taking Generic Capoten.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- gold injections to treat arthritis;
- lithium (Lithobid, Eskalith);
- a potassium supplement such as K-Dur, Klor-Con;
- salt substitutes that contain potassium;
- drugs that can dilate blood vessels, such as alprostadil (Caverject, Edex), nitroglycerin (Nitro Dur, Nitrolingual, Nitrostat, Transderm Nitro, and others), nitroprusside (Nitropress), nesiritide (Natrecor), minoxidil (Loniten), or isosorbide dinitrate (Imdur, Isordil);
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others; or
- a diuretic (water pill).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Capoten.
Do not take more than your recommended dosage. Take missed doses as soon as you remember unless it is nearly time for your next treatment.
Keep medication in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.