What are Generics?
Generic drugs marketed without brand names contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Avandia (Rosiglitazone Maleate) is an oral antidiabetic drug from the thiazolidinedione class. Generic Avandia is different from other diabetes medications and can help your body use its natural insulin better.
Avandia also marketed as: Avandamet, Avandaryl, Rosiglitazone, Rosiglizole.
*Avandia® is a registered trademark of GlaxoSmithKline.
Avandia 2mg Pills (Generic)
|Quantity||Our Price||Price per pill|
|Add to cart Our Price: Loading... You save:|
Generic Avandia (rosiglitazone) is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. Generic Avandia is for people with type 2 diabetes. It is sometimes used in combination with other medicines, but it is not for treating type 1 diabetes.
Generic Avandia is available only under a special program called Avandia-Rosiglitazone Medicines Access Program. You must be registered in the program and sign documents stating that you understand the risks and benefits of taking this medication.
How to take
Take Generic Avandia exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Generic Avandia is usually taken in the morning and evening. You may take the medicine with or without food.
Generic Avandia is only part of a complete program of treatment that also includes diet, exercise, and weight control. Your doctor may also recommend other medicines to treat your diabetes.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Avandia: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Avandia and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling or rapid weight gain;
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, sweating, general ill feeling;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- blurred vision;
- increased thirst or hunger, urinating more than usual; or
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, weakness.
Less serious Generic Avandia side effects may include:
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat;
- headache; or
- back pain.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can lower your blood sugar.
Taking Generic Avandia may increase your risk of serious heart problems, such as heart attack or stroke. Therefore, Generic Avandia is available only to certain people with type 2 diabetes that cannot be controlled with other diabetes medications.
You may be more likely to have hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) if you take Generic Avandia with other drugs that can raise blood sugar, such as:
- diuretics (water pills);
- steroids (prednisone and others);
- phenothiazines (Compazine and others);
- thyroid medicine (Synthroid and others);
- birth control pills and other hormones;
- seizure medicines (Dilantin and others); and
- diet pills or medicines to treat asthma, colds, or allergies.
You may be more likely to have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) if you take Generic Avandia with other drugs that can lower blood sugar, such as:
- probenecid (Benemid);
- some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs);
- aspirin or other salicylates (including Pepto-Bismol);
- a blood thinner (warfarin, Coumadin, Jantoven, and others);
- sulfa drugs (Bactrim, Septra, Sulfatrim, SMX-TMP, and others);
- a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI); or
- other oral diabetes medications, especially acarbose (Precose), metformin (Glucophage), miglitol (Glyset), pioglitazone (Actos, Duetact, Actoplus Met), or other drugs that contain Avandia (Avandaryl, Avandamet).
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Do not store in the bathroom. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep out of the reach of children and away from pets.