What are Generics?
Generic drugs marketed without brand names contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Generic Avalide (hydrochlorothiazide and irbesartan) keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow. Generic Avalide is one of the most prescribed medications for high blood pressure, and now you can order it here for a fraction of its regular price!
Generic Avalide is also marketed as Aprovel, Karvea, Avapro, Hydrochlorothiazide and Irbesartan.
*Avalide® is manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.
Avalide 150mg Irbesartan /12.5mg Hydrochlorothiazide Pills (Generic)
|Quantity||Our Price||Price per pill|
|Add to cart Our Price: Loading... You save:|
Generic Avalide is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). Generic Avalide may also delay progression of diabetic nephropathy and is also indicated for the reduction of renal disease progression in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Generic Avalide belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin II blockers that helps to lower blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels, it also is a diuretic or"water pill" that helps control blood pressure by getting rid of excess salt and water.
How to take
Take Generic Avalide exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose of Generic Avalide to make sure you get the best results.
Your blood pressure will need to be checked often. Visit your doctor regularly.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Avalide: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. In rare cases, Generic Avalide can cause a condition that results in the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, leading to kidney failure. Call your doctor right away if you have muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness especially if you also have fever, nausea or vomiting, and dark colored urine.
Call your doctor at once if you have any other serious side effects, such as:
- eye pain, vision problems;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- chest pain, feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- urinating more or less than usual, or not at all;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- dry mouth, increased thirst, drowsiness, restless feeling, confusion, increased urination, fast heart rate, feeling light-headed, fainting, or seizure (convulsions).
- Less serious Generic Avalide side effects may include:
- stomach pain, heartburn;
- muscle pain;
- dizziness, drowsiness;
- runny or stuffy nose, sore throat; or
- dry cough.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
You should not use Generic Avalide if you are allergic to irbesartan or hydrochlorothiazide (Carozide, Diaqua, Ezide HCTZ, HydroDiuril, Microzide, and others), or if you are unable to urinate.
Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of Generic Avalide.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes while you are taking Generic Avalide, unless your doctor has told you to.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- any other diuretics or blood pressure medications;
- steroids (prednisone and others);
- lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid);
- cholestyramine (Prevalite, Questran) or colestipol (Colestid);
- Generic Insulin or oral diabetes medications;
- a barbiturate such as amobarbital (Amytal), butabarbital (Butisol), mephobarbital (Mebaral), secobarbital (Seconal), or phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton);
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as Generic Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Generic Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others;
- a muscle relaxer such as baclofen (Lioresal), carisoprodol (Soma), cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), dantrolene (Dantrium), metaxalone (Skelaxin), or methocarbamol (Robaxin), orphenadrine (Norflex), or tizanidine (Zanaflex); or
- a narcotic medication such as hydrocodone (Lortab, Vicodin), meperidine (Demerol), methadone (Methadose), oxycodone (OxyContin), propoxyphene (Darvon, Darvocet), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Avalide.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Keep medication in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.